The Town of Jamestown was originally chartered in 1816, making it the earliest continuing settlement in the Piedmont region. Among its original settlers was James Mendenhall, a Pennsylvania Quaker who established a farmstead near the present site of Jamestown in 1762. He would also build the area’s first grist and lumber mills.   19th century Post Office   Town Hall sign
   
19th Century History
 
Town Hall Sign
         
Oakdale Store   Madison Lindsay House   Magnolia Farms
Oakdale Store
Madison Lindsay House
Magnolia Farms
         
The Mendenhall Plantation   Entrance sign for Mendenhall Plantation   Historical marker for Mendenhall Plantation
Mendenhall Plantation
Mendenhall Plantation Sign
Mendenhall Plantation Sign
         
First Town Hall and Fire Department   The old Mill   The Coffin House
First Town Hall and Fire Department
Old Mill
The Coffin House